Friday, February 17, 2017

February 18, 2017

Hello,
The 12 hour time difference is so funny to me.  You all are finishing your Friday while I am starting my day on Saturday.  I just finished breakfast and ate a lot of the mango I love so much.  I really can't get enough.

We arrived yesterday morning after four flights taking us from Portland to New York to Frankfurt, Germany (where I got the text that there was a snow day) to Singapore to Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

In the Phnom Penh airport, we made our way through Customs, showing our passports and visas then moved on to the luggage carousel where our bags were thankfully waiting for us.  A drive from the airport delivered us to Villa Langka, the hotel where we stay, which feels incredibly like home.  I am actually staying the same room I was in last year and the familiarity is comforting.  We had a bit of lunch and then napped after our long journey.

After naps and settling in a bit we went to dinner at Comme la Maison which is one of our favorite restaurants here in Phnom Penh.  We stopped at the market on our way back to Villa Langka to buy water.  (Note: the tap water here is not potable, look at me throwing in a vocab word, make sure to look it up.  So we have to be more thoughtful about what we drink and even brush our teeth with.)  It was an early night as even with a nap we were worn out from our travel.

Today is going to be fairly low key.  We have some work to do to prepare for an outing we have tomorrow with our current high school and university students as well as some of our alumni. Here is where I am working, not a bad place to get some work done : )



Later we will do a little exploring around the neighborhood we are staying in.  And we have a dinner meeting tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment