Monday, January 11, 2016

Departing in 30 Days

Thirty days and I will be in Phnom Penh.  It has been five years since I first went to Cambodia and I can't believe that much time has passed.


January 11, 2016

Dear Parents and Guardians,

From February 12th-23rd I am traveling to Cambodia on an oversight trip for the Cambodian Arts and Scholarship Foundation of which I am the President of the Board of Directors.  The Cambodian Arts and Scholarship Foundation (CASF) was founded in 2001 by Frederick Lipp, author of The Caged Birds of Phnom Penh.  CASF is committed to improving the lives children in Cambodia through education, working with poor, at-risk girls who are, for a number of reasons, denied equal access to schooling.  We will be traveling to Provinces as well as visiting girls studying at the University level in Phnom Penh to whom we provide scholarships.  If you would like to learn more about CASF please visit: http://cambodianscholarship.org/

I will be sharing my trip with students through a blog.  I also wanted to get students more involved by inviting them to donate school supplies I can bring with me and distribute to the girls.  I am looking for donations of the following items:
·      Pencils with fun designs
·      Pens
·      Erasers
·      Post-It Notes
·      Colored Pencils
I think it will be fun for students to look on the blog and see students in Cambodia receiving items they donated.

If you are interested in donating items they need to be brought in by Friday, January 29th. 

Thank you and Happy New Year,




Heidi Brewer

No comments:

Post a Comment