Sunday, February 21, 2016

February 22, 2016

It is already Monday morning for me.  Today is my last wake up in Cambodia.  My last bowl of scrumptious, fresh mango.  I have loved my trip, but alas as they say all good things must come to an end.

The last two days have been wonderful.  I was up and out of Villa Langka too early yesterday to write about Saturday so here it is : )

February 20, 2016

We started our day with a cruise on the Tonle Sap and Mekong-they intersect in Phnom Penh with some of our current students as well as alumni and friends of CASF.  It was lovely.


As I post I hear the bells being rung at the Wat across the street starting the day for the monks who live at the Pagoda.  This seems ironic in a way as the post I am writing about is filled with Cambodian tradition.

In the evening we we to see traditional dancing at the Royal Museum put on by Cambodian Living Arts.  Click here to learn more http://www.cambodianlivingarts.org/about-us/history/.  It was amazing.  The music and dancing colliding into a spectacular performance.




Now for yesterday,

February 21, 2016

We traveled to the Province of Svay Reing which is about 3.5 hours south of Phnom Penh.  It was great to see the countryside.  Small towns, rice fields and quieter life outside of the city.  In Svay Reing we met with all of our students (there are 20) to see how they are doing and with the 11th and 12th graders discuss what they want to study in University.  I loved seeing our CASF students and giving them the school supplies you sent along with me.  The girls mommies made us a wonderful lunch as well including freshly cut down coconut water.






See you on Wednesday,

Ms. Brewer



No comments:

Post a Comment